2k15 - 2k16 Book Haul +
I decided to make this random post, I had no idea why I made this at the first time. But, well, here I am.

Last year (which is actually still few months ago) I bought quite a lot of book. I didn't buy it all, some of it wasn't bought with my own money, lol, but, it's still my book, so, yeah.
The notable thing was I got my Connor Franta's 'A Work In Progress' (which was bought by my aunt's money, lol, thank you so much). They didn't sell it here, because I don't know why. But then I saw Zoe's books (both Girls Online and Girls Online on Tour) in my local bookstore! It was not fair! Why we didn't get Connor's book, or Dan's book, or Tyler's book here??
So I called my aunt (with my parent's permission, lol) and ask if she could buy me that book, hehe, and she said yes.

Hehe.

This year I'm about to ask her to buy me tabinof, but, nah, I'll just buy it with my own money this time.
(which is making my wallet cries because tabinof is just too damn expensive if you convert it to Indonesia's Rupiah)

So last year I got A Work In Progress (by Connor Franta), which was a cool book, by the way. I like all the random photograph taken by Connor himself. And the paper is just so nice! We don't have that kind of paper here. Indonesia's paper is just too boring.

And I got a few comic books too. Here's a list if you want to read this.
- Black Butler (by Yana Toboso) vol. 20
- montage (by Jun Watanabe) vol. 1 (I didn't buy the continuation)
- No. 6 (by Atsuko Asano) vol. 1 - 5 (I didn't buy the continuation)
- Boys Living (by Mai Nishikata) This book is, somehow, popular around my friends. Because it has some yaoi hints!
- The Angel Clock (by Una Watanabe) vol. 1 (I didn't buy the continuation)
- Seiyuu! Say You! (by Hirotaka Kisaragi) vol. 1 - 2 (I didn't buy the continuation)
- Samurai Drive! (by Fujiko Kosumi) vol. 1 - 2 (I didn't buy the continuation)
- Hometown Restaurant & I (by Yuu Fujiwara) vol. 1 (I didn't buy the continuation)
- Replica (by Karakara Kemuri) vol. 1 - 2 (I didn't buy the continuation)
- Pandora Hearts (by Jun Mochizuki) vol. 23
- and a few Detective Conan (by Aoyama Gosho)

Actually I just kept loyal to Kuroshitsuji, lmao. I just need to buy the third volume, and, bam! My collection is complete! Well, not complete, tho, since the book itself is not completed yet.
And Pandora Hearts too. The final book is out this year. I need few early volumes to complete my collection. I don't think I can buy it today tho. My first volume of Kuroshitsuji was bought in Kinokuniya, so it's the largest comic in my bookshelf (along with Nabari no Ou, actually, but we're talking about kuroshitsuji here.)

Let's move on to the novel!

Tbh I thought I bought a lot of novel on 2k15, but well it's only three books.
I bought The Heart of Glass by Vivian French last year. It's the first book of tales from five kingdoms. It's a fantasy novel, and very very easy to read. It's like A Tale Dark and Grimm (if you already read that) and The Graveyard Book.
I read it in one sitting, because the book itself is not too thick, and the font is also not too small. And like I said, very easy to read, so, I bet you can also read it in one sitting like me.

Next is The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving. It turned out to be a collection of stories book, not a novel. I bought it because of Tim Burton, actually, haha. I just watch his movie and suddenly this book appeared in the local bookstore, so, why nah.

The last one is Kilah by Vinca Callista. This is, surprisingly, is a psychothriller novel by Indonesian author. I bought it because the cover was too cute, lol. Really, it is cute. Search it up on Google, you will call it cute and beautiful, I'm sure.
When I saw this, I was like, 'oh wow, a psychothriller novel with a beautiful cover? And Indonesian author?'
I doubt this book at first, but why not give a try? So I bought this and read this in, what, three sitting? Because of school stuffs. This book itself is not too thick. I'd say this is quite a thin book, actually. It's not as thick as the usual book with the same genre.
And it is good! Good plot twist, good POVs, and a good and proper language! Yes, the reason why I don't like Indonesian author's book is because of the slang language they use in the dialogue. And this Vinca girl is not using that slang too much in her book.
The story itself is good, but, idk, not as good as international writer? I mean, I don't get the same feelings when I read Hunger Games or Harry Potter, or maybe it's because of the different genre? I'm not sure.
But this book is recommended, really.

And moving to 2k16!

The notable book is Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare! I bought this four days after it released in US! Yay! I'm in the middle of National Exam week, tho, so I can't read it right away like what I want to do.
But I read it in, what, four of six sitting? Actually, if I didn't sneak up reading it between my study session, I can read it in much shorter time. I will just read one chapter between my study session, lmao, and when I'm finally free from national exam, I read the rest of it in only two days.

Unfortunately I bought it in paperback edition, so I'm afraid the cover might tear apart or something. It is thick, you know.

Lady Midnight is a really good book. Usually I'm not into that romance thingy, but for Cassie I will read a bunch of Clace crap or Sizzy crap or just Wessa crap and the other crap she writes.
Emma and Jules here are just adorable! And I'm glad she still including yaoi thing inside her book, lmao, like what she did with Alec and Magnus (and I was too busy fangirling over them, oh my God).

And I also buy Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. I saw this book a lot in instagram, and I wonder if I could buy it online (like what I did to Lady Midnight) but then I randomly go to my local bookstore and bam! This book was sitting nicely on the bookshelf!
I bought this right on my birthday, because I was alone in the house at that time (because everyone was visiting my grandpa in Bali) so I considered that book as my birthday present for myself. I didn't read it right away, I spent hours to watch Dan and Phil's video instead. And I bought Magnum too.

Next thing to buy this year: The Amazing Book is Not On Fire!
Yes, I've been eyeing this book for months, and finally today I have money to buy it!
But I want the UK version, but I can only buy the US version of it. Urgh, it's so irritating, considering it's only minor changes, actually. But I have this weird OCD about books.

What else did I buy on this early year?

Ah, I bought Agatha Christie's Man In The Brown Suit for a very cheap price, because the bookstore is having a sale. Good stuffs, as always. I already have a few title of Christie's book, and it's great! All of them!

And for the comic books...
I buy the final volume of Pandora Hearts, and recently, the newest volume of Black Butler. And I also buy the first volume of Devil Survivor. I want to be loyal to this one, because Pandora Hearts is over, but, well, I'm not sure.

Anyway, that's the physical book!
I read a lot of e-book these days. I read all the Shadowhunter series by pdf, except Lady Midnight. And by the shadowhunter series I mean all of them. City of Bones, Ashes, Glass, Fallen Angels, Lost Soul, and the last, City of Heavenly Fire. And also The Infernal Device; Clockwork Angel, Clockwork Prince, and Clockwork Princess. And also The Bane Chronicles. And also Tales from Shadowhunter Academy.
Well, that's a lot.

And I recently finished Veronica Roth's Allegiant in my phone. Now I'm currently reading Fangirl by Rainbow Ho- I mean, Rainbow Rowell.
I try to read it because it's on Zoella's book list, lmao. And because she said it will be a great help to a fanfic writers cause it contains some writing tips.

And I'm done!
Still have a long wish list, tho, and since it's only the beginning of the year (it's not) my collection may be increasing~

Labels:

+ posted on 20160612 at 23:22